Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hail to the Chief and Me

It was a regular Friday afternoon, around 4.30. I had just finished my Tae Bo workout (Billy Blanks is my personal hero) and was resting. My neighbor comes running in to announce that there is drinking going on in my host family’s house. Not one to miss an opportunity of tasting house wine, I joined in. This time, the guests at the party were a policeman, and later, the mayor. Glass after glass the conversations increased in vulgarity. The policeman informs me that I teach his two daughters so we briefly discuss their behavior at school, pausing to munch on salami, cheese, and pickled cabbage. My four glass limit was up and I decided to visit a friend in the village. I can not walk anywhere here without tripping or falling down (especially when snow or mud is involved). I think this can also be said about my walking days in the states. I meet him and we begin our nightly journey up a hill and round corners to arrive at his house. Halfway to my destination I fall and twist an ankle. A few minutes pass and I fall and twist the other ankle. My friend must either think I am severely walking challenged or that I completely obliterated myself at the wine table. The end result, one ankle is bandaged and elevated and the other is calling out for a little attention too. So much for Billy Blanks this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home