Monday, March 12, 2007

What Time is it?

America’s daylight savings time began earlier than last year. I know this, because I saw the information online. Usually, everywhere has daylight savings time on the same day. This is not the case this year. After discovering that we (at least the USA) would be turning the clocks an hour ahead on Sunday night I asked my host family if they knew about this. They did not. After consulting the nightly news, in both Romania and Russia, nothing was said about the time change. I did not want to arrive at school an hour behind or ahead so I had to absolutely know for sure. I asked a neighbor, my host mom asked a neighbor, I asked a friend, he asked a friend or asked a friend. No one knew a thing. So this morning I woke up an hour ahead, as if the time had changed. I got ready and waited around to see if the children passed my house around 8.15 for 8.30 school. They did not. But why would they, it was actually 7.15. So, the conclusion to this rather longwinded story is that Moldova’s (and probably Romania’s and Russia’s) time did not bounce one hour ahead like in the USA. I don’t know how this works exactly. Maybe Mr. Bush thought that it would be fun to turn the clocks ahead of everyone else. I know it was something to do with saving electricity and the economy but that is as far as I desired to venture into the matter. Whatever it is, you folks in the USA are only 6 hours behind me. If you keep it up, maybe you will be on my time in a few months.

After signing online I noticed that my country director had written an e-mail explaining the whole "time change" ordeal. I guess I should have paid more attention to my inbox. I could have avoided all my confusion. But then where would my weblog post be? Hmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home