Friday, December 01, 2006

Thanksgiving...a late Blog


Happy Late Thanksgiving!

I am late in writing this blog, but I wanted to speak of Thanksgiving. All the volunteers gathered in Chisinau to celebrate this totally American holiday and to have a few conferences. One Thanksgiving day we even played a little flag football. I joined in and tried to catch the ball a few times. I conclude that it was the throwers error and not mine in catching, so we will stick to that. The dinner, as usual, was FABULOUS and tasted just like America! I created a slideshow that played while everyone ate, and it was a success, if I say so myself. It only took me about an hour to track down the projector and another fifteen to twenty minutes to discover that the projector screen was in the same room as me and I just didn't know.
Employees from the Embassy and even the Ambassador arrived to eat the fantastic meal prepared by some of the volunteers. I had turkey, homemade biscuits, stuffing with gravy, corn, and there was even green bean casserole! For dessert...you guessed it, pumpkin pie! I will have to remember next year to mail a big box of the french fried onion things and canned pumpkin. It was great!
After the meal, there was the annual talent show. It was great, with even the Peace Corps staff joining in to encourage a few laughs. There was singing and dancing and harmonica playing.
On Saturday, the volunteers attended a seminar on the bird flu. Conclusion: the bird flu is not in Moldova and if it gets out of hand, could kill millions. We learned about what we can do to prevent the spread of bird flu and how we can protect ourselves in the event of its appearance in Moldova. It was all kinds of informative.
I hope every that is reading this had a great Thanksgiving and gained a couple of pounds!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home