Friday, December 01, 2006

Just another day at the Fortune Tellers

She isn't really a fortune teller, she reads playing cards. I have been wanting to go to one of the ladies in the nearby city to have my cards read. My host mom talks about all the times she has gone, what they have said, and whether or not they turned out correct or not. So, this week we made an agreement to go track one down today. We arrive at a nine story apartment building. Don't think its like your Spring Creek apartment complex...more like Soviet style cinder tower (if you can imagine). We have to wait a few minutes on the stairs outside of the woman's apartment while a couple is in there. Once inside, and shoes off, we get down to business. My host mom gets her cards read and is told about the things her husband is or isn't doing while working abroad. Not that interesting. Now on to me! She hands me a card (the card that I am...I believe based on eye color) and I am supposed to hold it and think good thoughts while she shuffles the deck. Now the fun begins. She puts cards on the table in varying patterns and begins to tell me that I will have two men in my life. Both will be blonde, one with green eyes and the other will have blue. The green eyed man will not be good, he will begin to drink, leave and not tell me where he is going, and lie. So I should not be with him. The other, the blue eyed blonde, I will meet here in Moldova. He will be nice and he is the one meant for me. One of my friends, a blonde green eyed girl will also like him, but he will not like her. I will not be as crazy about him as he is with me, but I should just go with it and it will come step-by-step. I will know it is him because he will give me a present. After that (who knows how long), he will ask me to marry him and I must not refuse because he is the one I am supposed to be with. He will be slightly older than me, and of course, taller. He will leave with me to go live in USA when I go, completing all paperwork and everything. Also, blonde hair green eyed people in my life are not good, male and female. I should be very attentive when crossing the street, because that is the one bad thing hovering over my life. My host sister's is water. My host mom's is climbing trees (go figure). I don't think I believe I will meet my man in Moldova, seeing how unlikely it is that I will meet men here, and I already checked out the new volunteers. I think she mentioned me taking him back to my country and finding him here because she knew I was not from Moldova. Otherwise, I think the reading was very interesting and now I have a lot to think about. Oh yeah, she also said that I would have two children. Ha!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what they say... blondes do it better :)

Friday, December 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home