Monday, March 12, 2007

Crazy Spring Break

Spring is here. Or at least the supposed “First Day of Spring” has come and gone on March 1st. This past week we had our Spring vacation but it was anything but for me. I was in Chisinau participating in a seminar for the group of TEFL volunteers that came a year after I did. The topic was Environmental Education and we discussed ways to incorporate environmental issues and activities into the curriculum. It wasn’t as exciting as it sounds, but it gave me the chance to get to know other volunteers and to be out of my village for a little time. In fact, I was out of my village for more time than I cared to be. After the seminar (more correctly, the last day) I became ill with a stomach virus and spent the next three-four days hovering around the bathroom area. The end of the week I helped in the administering of the oral exam and the grading of the written exam for the Moldovan English Olympiad. This means I was stuck inside from morning till night grading papers and doing things while it was sunny and beautiful outside. I came home on Saturday night and got one day of vacation on Sunday before starting back with lessons today. Next vacation (Easter break) looks to be more of a vacation. Or at least I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home