Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mr. Wizard's World

I think that is the name of the show on Nickelodeon back in the day. Well this Friday I felt like I was on that show, but maybe the adult version. I have packets of Crystal Light On the Go and was going to give them to the neighbor twins, who were having a birthday party Thursday night. My host mom didn't have anything to give to them and didn't want to spend money so I suggested the drink mix and some stickers. She was excited to check out the Crystal Light, and after tasting it said "We will keep these. Let's not give them to the girls. I have some vodka we can put these in." So Friday, after lunch, we whipped out the 2 2-liters of Vodka she bought from the guy in town that makes it. She had put just one packet of the Raspberry Ice in one and insisted that I taste it to see if it needed more. About 1.5 shots later we decided it needed two more packets, so we added them. Then, we decided to add Lemonade mix to the other 2-liter bottle. Of course, she insisted we tasted that vodka to make sure it didn't need some more mix. It was good...even though the fruitiness didn't cover up the toxicity of the vodka. She also concocted this cognac colored vodka by adding whole nuts to another bottle. The nuts taste a little like hazelnuts, but are much smaller. Apparently, the vodka eats at the nut inside the shell, so afterwards there is only a shell and nothing inside. Interesting, but it didn't really taste much different. I think my host mom and I need adult supervision sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home