Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I Can't Live Without Hair Dye



And thank goodness Moldova has it. Today I went to a hairstylist and got my hair did. I stopped on the way there to buy bleach blonde hair dye, a bright freakin' reddish orange color, and some tin foil. The woman that cuts hair also colors hair, but you have to bring your own hair dye. After talking to her she told me what bleach to buy and the other things she would need. I arrived at her place at ten AM. In the front of her house she has a salon-type room, with magazines, and a chair in front of an armoire/mirror combo. She got to work bleaching strands all over my head. I was a bit skeptical. After all, I had recently tried to bleach pieces of my hair and it did not turn out. She wrapped up each strand with foil, just like in America and we chit chatted about various things. We mostly talked about boys and how they all like women and want to have lots of them. How they only care about themselves, blah blah blah. Her experience has proved this theory, for she has been married three times. The last husband left for Moscow to work and has never returned. He has found a new girl and possibly started a family. She has tried calling and writing and after several attempts, has given up. I asked my host mom if the husbands that leave and start a family elsewhere ever manage to get a divorce from the first one. She said "why? they don't have to, they can marry all over again in a different place." Many many men in Moldova travel to other countries to work, find a woman, and never come home. My host mom can rattle off about ten men she knows of in our village that simply have never come home.
Anyway, back to hair dye. I had to wait 45 minutes for the bleach to do its thing. While I was waiting I watched a British movie dubbed over in Russian, called Match. It was pretty funny. I finally got to pet dogs, after a long time. The hairstylist has three small dogs that she only keeps inside, except to do number 1 or 2 of course. They are well groomed, adorable, and well behaved. One immediately fell in love with me, who can resist, and clung to my side. It was quite nice to interact with a dog in this way, instead of walking past it or telling it to shut up. We drank some coffee, and then it was time to rinse.
Then she put in the reddish orange highlights, taking small pieces of blond hair from each blond strand. Again I waited and then rinsed. She decided she was going to make my hair pretty for school tomorrow. So she put in rollers and then stuck me under the hair dryer. Yes, she even had one of those round things you stick your head under to dry your hair. So I sat under that for 45 minutes while attempting to read Russian beauty magazines. I did manage to pick out quite a few words, and practiced reading Russian, even though I don't know if it was correct.
So now I have some killer highlights in my hair and my hair is up to my chin and curly. I wasn't crazy about the curls, as they looked like some kind of crazy helmet. But with time they will fall down a bit. I hope. I really like my hair and the stylist said that women in Moldova do not think to color their hair two colors at a time like I did, in highlights. She really loved the colors in my hair and hopefully she will spread the new knowledge of highlights.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! :)

I too could not live without hair dye. I don't know about you, but its fun to play with the colors and just be different.

Will you please come visit me? I'm a flag collector and you don't have to leave a comment to leave your flag, but I don't have a Moldova. :( your ISP will need to be in Moldova for it to work. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

My guess is that you can't be from Moldova, your English is great! Of course, having no idea what the actual language of Moldova is, it could be English for all I know, lol

Anyway, Nice Hairdo!

Look forward to your visit.

Friday, December 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your flag. It was very kind of you to visit. I like having such a unique flag from a far away place.

If I could ask you one more small tiny favor? My boyfriend captures the same flags. Only a quick visit will bring it through your ISP. His site is about weird news around the world and its rather enjoyable to see all the strange happenings across the globe. We're tied with flags at the moment at 107, so you know it must be love between us since I am asking for the visit. haha... Please visit him at:

http://dommynicius_weird.blogspot.com/

We'd both be very appreciative. I bet him he couldn't get this flag either... :)

Sunday, December 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

test

Wednesday, December 21, 2005  
Blogger Krista Dawn said...

I love the HAIR!!! What is this color number 4 in 6 months. That is pretty impressive. Can't wait to see you at CHRISTMAS!!!! I LOVE YOU

Thursday, December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home