Friday, October 14, 2005

What's Going on Man?!?!?

Everyday walking to school I think "this is going to be a great day of teaching." As I arrive at school, I am snapped back to the reality of the Moldovan school system. For the next four school days the 9th and 10th graders will be in a neighboring village picking apples. They don't get paid for this. I think they might get to keep some, I am not quite sure what the deal is. So I have to alter my daily and long term plans accordingly, which I am a little peeved about. I guess it is a little load off my shoulders, not having to teach them for four days. But, I finally had all the units down and when I wanted to teach them to the students, and now that is all out of whack. So, today instead of teaching 5 classes, I got a break and only had 4. That means more time to read.
I have read soooo many freakin books since being here. I shall try to name them all now:
The Good Earth
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
Hypocrite in a White Poufy Dress
Hi Fidelity
Twice Told Tales
Justice
Icy Sparks
Stolen Lives
July, July
Widow for One Year
Wicked
About 8 Newsweeks
and I can't remember the rest, but there has got to be about 5 others
I am down to one book left, and about two weeks until I can get a new group of them in Chisinau. Let's hope I don't get through this one as quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home