Friday, September 09, 2005

Bye Bye Miss Apple Pie

Bye Bye Miss Apple Pie

Yum, happiness tastes a lot like apple pie. Well, at least it does after I fork newly made apple pie into my mouth. I put into practice all those hours of Food Network and made apple pie. My host family was a little apprehensive about my concoction. Ok, they were a lot apprehensive. All I needed was flour (check) butter (check) water (check) salt (check) apples (check) sugar (check) oil (check) and cinnamon (check). That was easy enough. It is funny (in a non "ha ha" way) how even though my host mom has NEVER made anything remotely close to apple pie she is quick to tell me how to do it. She persists on telling how to do it better or peering over my shoulder to tell me that it needs more oil or less sugar. A dream pops into my head involving my host mom covered in flour with flies about her, but I snap out of it just in time to roll the dough out. I put the pie into the oven, and after about 45 minutes I had a beautifully rustic golden brown apple pie. It was the best looking pie I have EVER seen. Probably because I haven't ate anything close to American food in about four months (minus the McDonalds). Oh, it was heaven. It was so amazingly good and perfect I ate 3 whole slices. Hell, I made it and did a fine job, I deserved to eat as much as the pie as I could manage before vomiting. My host family enjoyed it. My host mom helped me finish the remaining pieces off, so I guess it is safe to say she was a fan of my culinary abilities. Maybe now, she can make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home