Thursday, October 13, 2005

Oh That Crazy English Language

To review for a test, one of my classes played Jeopardy. The easiest questions, worth 100 points, were various objects (fruits, vegetables, occupations) that one member of the team had to draw and the rest were to guess. So team 1 steps up and chooses a 100 point question. I hand the card with the object to the boy chosen to draw. He looks at it for a second and I ask him if he knows what it is, and he nods. So I give the team 30 seconds to guess and the boy begins to draw. At first everything is going good, he is drawing a person since he has to draw a certain occupation. Then things get weird and he starts to draw a car or some kind of motorized vehicle. I have no idea what he is drawing, it clearly isn't the occupation on the card. I am confused and so are he teammates. 30 seconds is up and I ask him what the occupation was. "Biker," he says as he shows me the card. On the card was written "baker." The class started laughing hilariously and I had to join in, I couldn't hold back. It was very funny and made me, once again, be thankful that English is my first language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home