Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Back to the Motherland!

This summer, while out of school, I used up some of my vacation days to surprise my mom and sister back in Georgia. My brother and dad helped plan and finance the trip for me and we have been scheming since April. I arrived in Atlanta on a Friday and my best friend, Chet, and I went out to dinner for some stir fry. YUM! Of course, we went out drinking after that and then back to his house to concoct drinks with some more friends. I attempted to play pool, but once again, was unsuccessful.
The next morning I drove down to my parent's house where my brother and dad were waiting for me but my mom was still in the dark. I surprised her while she was vacuuming and she almost fell over. Imagine not seeing your child for a year and you can get a mental picture of what kind of homecoming it was. We piled into the car and drove to my sister's house. Immediately after stepping out of the truck I heard "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." through the front door. I guess she caught a glimpse of me walking up to the door. It was a good time.
So I have been back in America for a week and some odd days and I am halfway through my vacation and my time left in Moldova. I have ate Panera Bread, Sushi, Donatos, Burger King, White Castle, Chinese food, Hamburgers, Chipotle...and there will be many more added to the list. I am glad to be back home and to see my family and what is going on in their lives. I am now in Ohio visiting the rest of my family and running here and there checking things out. So, if you are in the USA area, call me...if you don't have my number then you are just out of luck. Maybe if you email me or catch me online I will give it to you. If you want to see me, you have to come to me. I made it to the Eastern time zone, you have to travel the rest of the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home