Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wrap-Up

The school year is coming to an end. I have about a week's worth of classes left and my patience is dwindling down. I am ready for the summer and ready to rid myself of students. Most of my students are nice and attempt to do their work, it is just the horrible ones that stand out. Isn't that always the case. My summer plans: To ride my bike (which I have yet to buy...hopefully on Saturday) to friends' villages, Falesti (36k) and such, meet Emily in Istanbul to rock the face of it for a couple of days, conduct lectures/lessons/information sessions for the incoming TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) volunteers coming the beginning of June, start a bike group in my village with the female students in grades 8-12, hang out in Falesti with my friends who I miss, and whatever else seems to pop into my hyperactive head. My friends and I have a big project of conditioning ourselves and being about to bike ride to Iasi, Romania this summer. I would venture to say it is probably 50 miles. And then it will be to Brasov, which will probably take 2-3 days. We can do it, we are Peace Corps Volunteers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home