Saturday, May 06, 2006

Back to School

Spring Break is over. I spent most of the time hanging out with my wonderful friends (Priya Levi Masha and Mark) in Falesti. Priya and Levi have their own apartment and I have christened it as my second home. I even have my own mug there and hopefully after this weekend, my own slippers! It is a great time there, I get to make food for them and play hostess, and just relax.
So...back to school....or is it? I had vacation until this past Tuesday and continued on, in normal Moldovan fashion, with classes till Friday. This upcoming Tuesday (May 9th) is Veteran's Day...to celebrate the end of fighting during World War II. Nope, that isn't the actually end of the war, just when Moldovans claim the war ended, or at least they stopped fighting in it. What does this mean for me? It means I don't have school Monday or Tuesday. 3 days of classes next week? Nope, I don't have class on Friday because my 10th and 11th graders are testing. We have a makeup day of classes on Saturday for the two days we are taking off for Veteran's Day. They are not normal classes, they will be shorter than normal and students from other villages will not be coming. So, it is school, but not really. Then, the Tuesday and Friday after that I don't have classes either, due to testing. The week after that is the last week of classes. Just a few more days to go and I am done! I love the month of May, and not just because it is my birthday!
I bought my plane ticket today for Istanbul where I will spend five glorious days with the lovely and always spontaneous Emma Chic. Should I be worried that the lady wrote my ticket herself? I guess anything goes here in the land of holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home