Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Bath Challenge

Sunday I took an extremely primitive bath. I finally realized how my life has changed since moving to Moldova...and not in a bad way. Just different. The previous night I packed a metal bucket full of snow from outside my door. We haven't had water since our pipes froze in December. Now that it is warming up the city's motor for the water pump has burned up. Everyone in the village threw in 50 lei and supposedly we will have water this past Monday. Hahahhaa, jokes on us I guess. So Sunday the snow in the bucket had melted. That night, with the fire in my house burning, I heated up the water. After about 1.5 hours the melted snow was at a good temperature and I began to strip down and hover over a plastic bucket. I have a metal cup, it probably holds 3 cups of water. I dip the metal cup into the warm water and then proceed to alternate between soap and water. I then wash my hair and feel amazingly clean, having used snow. I heated up a bucket of water and when I finished, there was still 2/3 of it left. So my challenge to you is to try and take a complete bath/shower...washing your hair as well, with about 10 cups of water. Doesn't sound hard enough? Try it hovering over a bucket and not dripping water on the floor around you. But why bother attempting to prove you can handle my lifestyle by bathing in such a manner when you don't have to? Even if you tried, and succeeded, you don't bath in that manner everyday....or once a week, like I do. So you still wouldn't have succeeded in claiming you could handle it. So I'll just continue to bathe alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home