Saturday, August 06, 2005

8 Weeks In

I only have two more weeks until I am officially a Peace Corps volunteer. It is hard to believe I have been here for eight weeks (two months). The time went by extremely fast and I thought things would be a lot harder than they were. After hearing stories of struggle, hard work, and tons of sweat I was apprehensive. Yeah there were struggles, lord knows there was nothing but hard work and my clothes would agree on the tons of sweat. But it was all fine and dandy.
Practice School went off without a hitch and I am three porcelain figures richer than before Practice School. The last day Steph and I combined classes and had our students watch The Incredibles. We munched on watermelon, cookies, cola and American brownies. All in all it was a fabulous time.
The days are drawing closer towards my leaving Costesti. I am extremely sad. Partly because I will be leaving all of my great volunteer friends and partly because I love my host family. I have gotten comfortable with Costesti and all of the people I see along my daily trips. I will miss the boy on the bike who insists on screaming out “Good Morning!” at all times of the day. I will miss the woman in the store at the bottom of the hill with her multicolored hair and hair color expertise. I will miss the creepy boys at the Internet place who cannot play an entire dance song until the end but forever and always skip from one to the other at a cracked out pace. Lastly, I will miss the smells (cow/duck/dog/chicken crap, outhouse wiffs…) of Costesti and the underlying taste every biscuit from any store has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home