Friday, February 10, 2006

Ma Doare Capul

Today has been weird. I went to one of my classes before embarking on my journey to Chisinau for the Odyssey of the Mind Competitions (which turned out to be cancelled). The snow started last night and is still going as I am typing this. When I got here I started noticing strange things. At the hotel, as I was trying to give my room key to the lady at the desk to hold on to, I noticed five guys standing there attempting to speak Romanian. I knew they weren't from Moldova/Romania and their attempt to speak a foreign tongue made me smile. They were doing a good job communicating and I hope I look that and sound that way.
At the statue of Stefan cel Mare while waiting for the OM group, that would never show, I saw five guys signing to one another and acting goofy. It made me smile that people were enjoying themselves in the snow. Now I am just sitting in the Peace Corps Volunteer lounge trying to decide what to do with myself until Sunday morning when I have a meeting. Maybe I will venture outside for a stroll in the snow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home