Thursday, November 17, 2005

Lingerie and Husbandry

Lingerie in Moldova.
A friend and neighbor of my host mom came over tonight for some wine and toast. They started talking about lingerie and sleepwear and my mother asked me if I wore pajamas to bed. I told her yes and she asked me why. I was telling her that I like wearing pajamas and helps me stay warm, especially in the winter or when it is a little cold. My neighbor also wears pajamas, but she is married and has three children. My host mother was explaining to us that men don't want us to wear clothes when we go to bed at night. There is too much to take off and they get tired. Because I don't have a husband it is ok for me to wear pajamas. But for my neighbor, it is extremely wrong. Even though her husband is working in Moscow and she sleeps by herself, she should still not wear pajamas to bed. She is a married woman for Pete's sake. She went on about what kind of clothing we should wear to bed for our husband (for when I get a husband, gasp). She was saying we should wear see through tops with tiny spaghetti thin straps and the boob part cut out. Our bottoms should be very small and easily removable. Ha! My neighbor then asked my mom "what do you wear to bed?" and she replied "pajamas."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home